Join us for a special week-long World Voice Day virtual event designed to celebrate, educate, and connect us all to the power of voice.
Welcome to the second annual Power of Voice!
This week-long virtual event brings together clinical voice therapists, voice coaches, singing teachers, voice users and voice enthusiasts of all kinds to share our knowledge and passion with one another and deepen our craft.
With both LIVE and PRE-RECORDED sessions, there's always something to engage with! And if you register in advance, you'll have access to all the recorded content for 90 days following the event so you can catch up and binge watch everything all over again on demand!
Voice lectures, workshops, conversations and discussions from experts across the industry - all in one joyful event!
Emma Laishram, assistant producer to the Power of Voice is a Manipuri-Canadian singer, actor and prospective SLP student. This is Emma's second year with the Power of Voice and she could not be more excited!!
Emma is currently a Linguistics student at Glendon/York University, she holds a BA Theatre (Dalhousie), and has had the incredible fortune to intern with Melanie Tapson Voice Care since 2020 and is eagerly awaiting the results of her SLP grad school applications. With a background in theatre producing, playwriting and 10+ years of professional voice and performance experience, she is also a proud children's author and illustrator of 'Do You Know How Loved You Are' (2020) and released an EP of songs in 2019 entitled 'Beyond Borders' (available on Spotify). Her love for language, and the technique and craft involved with singing and voice work, as well as her passion for the celebration of cultural diversity ultimately led her to the study of linguistics and speech science. She has always found language and the ways in which we communicate and interpret language fascinating and at the heart of how we connect with one another.
This year Emma is thrilled to be facilitating a special feature conversation titled The POV of POC: Power of Colour.
Join us for demonstrations of evidence-based practice in action, expert perspectives on challenging cases, and moving personal stories of the power of voice through the lens of the voice users we care for.
a voice teacher
Come for a heap of outside-the-box conversations about how to best support the singers in your studio, including access to best practices in voice care and rehabilitation, and reignite the passion in your practice.
a voice geek
Come and find yourself in a community of like-minded voice professionals who leave no stone unturned; featuring a range of diverse perspectives from pedagogy to practice, clinic to studio, performer to practitioner.
If you heard about last year's 12 hour marathon event and were sorry you missed out, this is your chance! Don't miss this spectacularly diverse and passionate program of speakers from across the vocal universe - plus giveaways you really want!
Voices You'll Hear From:
- a voice therapist examining why it’s so hard to find support to develop the confidence and competence we need to become joyful, expert voice clinicians
- a Broadway voice teacher and accompanist and Google executive coach sharing brave new ways for voice professionals to help more voice users while also creating more time for their own creative processes
- an SLP cross trained as a psychotherapist teaching practical strategies to move towards feeling a little bit better in times of crisis… no matter your starting point
- a voice pedagogy educator and DMA in Vocal Performance-trained voice teacher speaking about the importance of considering neurodivergence in the voice studio
- a trans woman speaking about why voice is the source of her deepest dysphoria, and why she needs you to hear her talk about it
- an opera singer and an Alexander Technique practitioner guiding us through an experiential voice embodiment exercise
- a psychiatrist talking about how difficult it is to access even the “right” voice exercises when your body is trying to protect you
- a voice therapy client talking about how their voice disorder shaped their lives and how it makes them feel about themselves
- artists sharing their voice craft through performances using their voices
- a Broadway voice coach and author of a brand new book about how to sing music theatre discussing the complex issues that contemporary music theatre singers face
- a special panel featuring vocal performers speaking about the power of voice through the lens of their experiences as BIPOC artists
- international professional recording artists and artistic directors of an all-vocal-arts festival on what it takes to move a live in-person international voice event online… and back again
and much, much, MUCH more!
...lucky participants will even WIN these
incredible resources to add to their voice toolkits!
25 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started... Podcast
by Marco Timpano
More Tools & Resources Coming Soon!
keep checking back!
mentorship for SLPs and voice teachers
Want to REALLY level up your skills in voice rehabilitation?
Join an intimate cohort of your fellow SLPs and aspiring Singing Voice Specialist voice teachers for the most incredible mentorship program you've ever experienced. There is literally nothing like this anywhere!
Next session starts May 16 2022 -
limited space available!